- Introduction to R
- Basics of Programming
- Working with Variables
- Working with Vectors
- Loading and Saving Data
- Working with Data Frames
- Introduction to Visualisations
- Basic Descriptive Statistics and Data Reporting
Each lecture lasts 60 minutes. Morning lectures start at 8:30 and finish at 12:30. Afternoon lectures start at 13:30 and finish at 17:30. If not set otherwise, the break after each lecture lasts 30 minutes. All times are in Central European Time (CET).
To obtain the ECTS, a student has to get in total at least 60% of all available points which are being awarded for the following activities:
- attend all lectures (12 hrs. of WL / 2 pts. per hour, 24 in total)
- - submit 2 homeworks (4 hrs. of WL / 8 pts. per homework, 16 in total)
- - final exam (30 hrs. of WL / 60 pts)
- Field, A., Miles, J., & Field, Z. (2012). Discovering statistics using R. Sage publications.
The course will require you to install R (https://www.r-project.org/) and a free version of R Studio integrated development environment (https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/). We will go over the installing process together during the first hour, but feel free to familiarize yourself with the websites and make sure your PC/Mac/Linux version is among the supported ones.