The block is scheduled on days 9–12 of the summer school and consists of 20 hours of lectures. Each lecture lasts 60 minutes. Morning lectures start at 9:00 and finish at 12:40. Afternoon lectures start at 14:00 and finish at 16:20. The break after each lecture lasts 30 minutes. All times are in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Day 9 – Introduction to laboratory experiments and randomized control trials
- Life cycle of an experiment
- Basic principles of laboratory experiments and RCTs
- Basic experimental games
Day 10 – Validity
- Internal validity (selection of participants, sample size, confounds in treatment, the role of anonymity)
- External validity (stake sizes, WEIRD subject pools)
Day 11 – Instructions and pre-registration
- Writing the experimental instructions
- Pre-registration of an experimental study
Day 12 – Lioness Lab
- Introduction to Lioness Lab
- Preparing an experiment
To obtain 2 ECTS, you need to attend the lectures and take a final exam based on lectures and selected chapters of mandatory literature. The exam will be in the form of an online test and will take place after the end of the program.
- Field, A., & Hole, G. (2003). How to design and report experiments. Sage.